In the words of Langston Hughes these are “the ways of white folks, I mean some white folks” and the opinions of some black folks. This gallery is meant to be light-hearted and it does not represent the views of all black ideals, opinions & personalities. Enjoy and laugh if you can relate!
17 Reasons Why It Sucks to be the Only Black Person in the Office was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
1. God Forbid you need to borrow some cover-up because most likely you’ll end up looking like this.
2. Hey, [insert black co-worker's name] can you teach me how to Cha-Cha Slide or Wobble? ….. Umm, what are we? The Billy Blanks of line-dancing?!
3. Can a sista’ enjoy her lunch without one of her co-workers attempting to stick their fingers in it, asking to taste it or pointing out they’ve never heard of it before?!
(Photos: Youtube-”Unwritten Rules”)
4. They think you’re the rap encyclopedia. “What are the lyrics to Biggie’s song?” How about you ask me if I listen to rap music first? (I do), but still!
5. Don’t let you change your hairstyle up because you’re just going to get bombarded with “your hair grew so fast” and “is that your hair” comments while they break their brain trying to figure out how you did it.
6. Some of us feel “Bird” in “Soul Food”! Sorry, but we can’t all cook…..or…
7. Sing! or…..
8. play sports well!
9. They try to hook you up with every black guy they encounter (like…can they at least be cute?)
(Photo: Youtube-”Unwritten Rules)