Certainly no shortage of fun things to do in the D this weekend! Lots of activities for a date night, a girls night out or fun with your entire family.
Of course if you’re not making plans to attend the Tom Joyner “One More Time Experience” with Kem and Robin Thicke at the Aretha Franklin Amphitheater this Saturday, we’ve listed a few options of events that are happening from May 31st to June 2nd.
- Admire the art at the Palmer Park Art Fair.
- Run a rainbow race and dance your heart out at Ferndale Pride.
- Go whole hog at Zingerman’s annual Camp Bacon.
- Bust out laughing during the Detroit Women of Comedy Festival in Hamtramck.
- Catch the last weekend of “Pride & Joy: The Marvin Gaye Musical”.
- Head to Belle Isle for the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix. Admission is free Friday.
- Watch films produced by students from Hamtramck and Detroit at the inaugural Detroit Can Film Festival.
- Gaze at art and artifacts on the Royal African Tour at the Detroit Institute of Arts.
- Participate in a scavenger safari at the Detroit Zoo to support the Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan.
- Enjoy food and live music at St. Mary’s Michigan Fun Fest in Livonia.
Source: Crains Detroit Business