Michigan weather is not one to play with. With winter storms approaching, Angie Starr wants to share some tips with you on how to stay safe during the winter:
- Stay inside your home if possible. If you have to go outside wear a hat, gloves, warm coat and scarf.
- Don’t over do it when shoveling snow, pushing a car, or walking in a lot of snow. Take care of yourself and take a lot of breaks.
- Check yourself for frost bite, which includes loss of feeling or pale looking fingers or face
- Watch pets and keep them indoors
- Michigan State Police want you to be extra careful when driving