Today in a city courtroom as the family of slain victim, Danyna Gibson watched on in shock, 16-year old Tanaya Lewis who has been charged with first-degree murder was granted a Psychiatric exam Detroit News reports.
Lewis is accused of stabbing Gibson twice in the chest, once in the heart, and twice in the back for reasons related to a boy the two may have had a relationship with. The event occurred in the morning during class at Fitzgerald High School in Warren, MI.
The family of Gibson is shocked and upset, believing that Lewis and her attorney, Mark Brown are attempting to thwart the system by suggesting that she is in a mental state that makes her actions excusable to a certain extent.
Lewis is being held with no bail and will take on the mental competency exam which takes two months to fully process. In the meantime prosecutor Eric Smith is trying to convince the court that this was a premeditated event which the family also agrees with.
The Detroit Free Press reported the news originally, in the article Warren police Detective claimed that Lewis allegedly had no remorse, and had a smile on her face during the attack. The Detroit Free Press also reports that Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith states that Lewis chased the victim around the room during the attack. This is reportedly the first homicide at a Macomb County school.
More updates to come.
- Be The Guest Of Honor At Your Next Summer Wedding With These Plus Size Ensembles
- DL’s Top 10 Dads We Wish Would Adopt Us
- Regina Hall Suffered Her Biggest Heartbreak At The Hands Of A Virgo
- Phoenix Police Under Fire After Threatening To Shoot Pregnant Woman After 4-Year-Old Daughter Stole A Barbie Doll
- Inside Her Story: We Need To Represent Black Men Well In Media
- Huggy Lowdown: A Going Away Gift For Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- Carl Payne On A Possible ‘Martin’ Reboot
- If You Don’t Know Now You Know: Father’s Day Edition
- Earthquake Wants To Be The Flyjock When Tom Retires
- Morning Minute: Sarah Sanders’ Legacy Of Lying Will Remain