Apparently those storms on Tuesday night were much more severe than we thought. Citizens of Wayne and Macomb counties experienced heavy rainfall high winds on Tuesday night. It was rumored that some tornadoes may have hit in some areas of Southwest Michigan and today the National Weather Service confirmed that three tornadoes touched down in Wayne and Monroe counties Freep reports.
The tornadoes got as strong as 100 MPH strong enough to remove garage doors and break windows with ease. Trees and roofs were torn down throughout both Wayne and Monroe counties mainly around the Gibraltar and Frenchtown Township neighborhoods.
Luckily no injuries were reported, as the seasons change Michiganders have already brought out their winter coats in the mornings, only to see temps rise to a 70 or above around lunch time. This is just another typical pattern of fickle Michigan weather, so most are used to it, but if you’re new to Michigan we’re sure it takes some getting used to.
The good news is that at least for the next few days we have sunny days and clear skies upcoming with the exception being this upcoming Friday and Saturday night when there will be a slight chance of rain, so make sure to stay dry if you plan on having a night out this weekend.Follow @1059KISS
- Donald Glover’s Dad Passed Away While He Was Recording “The Lion King,” And This Is What He Learned
- Meet the Boss Ladies Behind the First Ever ComplexCon Chicago and ComplexCon Community Week
- Mya: ‘Girls Cruise’ Shows How We Handle Disagreements And Differences As Women
- UPDATE: Police Say Sadie Roberts-Joseph Was Murdered By Sex Offender Tenant Over Late Rent
- Mya Swears By These Beauty Secrets & They Won’t Break The Bank
- BillyT.Detroit Radio Podcast #115
- DL’s Top 10 Ridiculous Reasons Women Turn Men Down
- Hot Hot Hot weather to hit Detroit temperatures to climb to upper 90’s
- Detroit Tigers “Detroit Stars Singing Competition” Final Tryouts Wednesday July 17, 2019 Southern Fires Detroit 7 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Angie Starr Cheapest Gas in Detroit July 16, 2019