Photo journalist, Linda Solomon was Aretha Franklin’s photographer and long time friend. Soloman photographed the queen for 40 years.
Solomon had a very close relationship with says that Franklin was more than a great artist, she was, “the heart and soul of Detroit.” Franklin always said, “when I’m not on stage I’m the lady next door,” and for people in Detroit, that’s exactly who she was. She could be seen in Kroger doing her grocery shopping.
Solomon plans to do a photo book that will show Aretha Franklin, “the natural woman.” Through the photos, “people can see the heart and the soul of the greatest.”
“She was remarkable in every sense of the word,” she said.
Aretha Franklin In Detroit: Pictures Of The Queen Of Soul In Her Hometown
1. Aretha Franklin In Concert – Detroit, MISource:Getty 1 of 8
2. Emanuel Steward Memorial ServiceSource:Getty 2 of 8
3. Aretha Franklin In Concert – Detroit, MISource:Getty 3 of 8
4. Aretha Franklin And Ron Isley In Concert – Detroit, MISource:Getty 4 of 8
5. American Gospel Singer Aretha FranklinSource:Getty 5 of 8
6. NFL: NOV 24 Vikings at LionsSource:Getty 6 of 8
7. 2017 Detroit Music WeekendSource:Getty 7 of 8
8. Aretha Franklin Street NamingSource:Getty 8 of 8
Keep Up with Our Latest News Regarding The Aretha Franklin Memorial:
- Listen Live: Kiss Aretha Franklin -12-Hour Radio Takeover
- Aretha Franklin Portrait Photos Of The Queen Of Soul [Photo Gallery]
- Aretha Franklin Pictures With Her Fellow Divas [PHOTOS]
- Aretha Franklin Timeline: Milestones And Achievements By The Queen Of Soul
- Aretha Franklin In Detroit: Pictures Of The Queen Of Soul In Her Hometown
- Clive Davis, Tom Joyner, Diana Ross & More React to Aretha Franklin’s Death
- Aretha Franklin Dead At 76
- Cathy Hughes, Founder and Chairperson of Urban One, Inc., Mourns The Death Of Aretha Franklin
- Kiss Honors “The Queen of Soul” Aretha Franlin [VIDEO]
Inside Her Story: Aretha Franklin’s Photographer Calls Her The ‘Heart And Soul Of Detroit’ was originally published on blackamericaweb.com