We are truly mourning the loss of our beloved Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. For the entire day we will be playing nothing but Aretha Franklin music for 12-hours long tribute of non stop love.
Kiss 105.9 iconic Detroit Broadcaster, MASON took to the airwaves today at noon to host a 12 hour marathon tribute to his friend and former neighbor Aretha Franklin, Detroit’s own Queen of Soul.
Mason is broadcasting live in the Kiss Studios at 3250 Franklin, downtown Detroit until midnight tonight. He is inviting listeners to call in and share their stories and feelings about the amazing Aretha Franklin considered by many to be the greatest female singer in history. Many huge Detroit stars such as Stevie Wonder have also called in to speak to Mason and pay their respects to Aretha. Several callers have shared stories of singing in the choir with Aretha in her father, Pastor C.L. Franklin’s church, New Bethel Baptist at 8430 Linwood Street in Detroit. One caller talked about doing Aretha’s hair every week in her salon on seven mile and she remarked “As famous as she was she would come to my salon on 7 mile to support my business in Detroit.” Many callers remarked on her generosity, told stories of her famous parties and overall commitment to the residents of the City of Detroit.
Mason declared, “Aretha was my friend, my neighbor and a true beacon of talent who inspired so many people in Detroit and around the world. No one will ever replace her.”
Radio One Vice President, General Manager, Kathy Stinehour said, “It doesn’t surprise me in the least Mason stepped forward of his own accord and volunteered to host the 12 hour marathon tribute. That is a very long time to be on the airwaves and heis doing an outstanding job keeping it real as Aretha would have expected.”
Keep Up with Our Latest News Regarding The Aretha Franklin Memories & Memorial:
- Michael Ealy & Meagan Good On Protecting Black Women In ‘The Intruder’
- Prosecutors Say South Carolina 5th Grader Died Of Natural Causes, Not From Fight
- Is Perfectionism Toxic?
- Listen To Black Women | Should You Marie Kondo Your Personal Life?
- Dee Barnes Alludes To Dr. Dre Sexually Assaulting Her In 1991
- Detroit Filmmaker & Woman Behind Surviving R. Kelly Named To ‘Time’ 100
- Devon Franklin’s ‘Breakthrough’ Is A ‘Powerful’ Story Of Faith
- Janet Jackson Talks About Baby Eissa’s Musical Talent & More
- Huggy Lowdown: Bama Of The Week
- Inside Her Story: Kennesaw Georgia Requires Homeowners To Own A Gun