We are truly mourning the loss of our beloved Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. For the entire day we will be playing nothing but Aretha Franklin music for 12-hours long tribute of non stop love.
Kiss 105.9 iconic Detroit Broadcaster, MASON took to the airwaves today at noon to host a 12 hour marathon tribute to his friend and former neighbor Aretha Franklin, Detroit’s own Queen of Soul.
Mason is broadcasting live in the Kiss Studios at 3250 Franklin, downtown Detroit until midnight tonight. He is inviting listeners to call in and share their stories and feelings about the amazing Aretha Franklin considered by many to be the greatest female singer in history. Many huge Detroit stars such as Stevie Wonder have also called in to speak to Mason and pay their respects to Aretha. Several callers have shared stories of singing in the choir with Aretha in her father, Pastor C.L. Franklin’s church, New Bethel Baptist at 8430 Linwood Street in Detroit. One caller talked about doing Aretha’s hair every week in her salon on seven mile and she remarked “As famous as she was she would come to my salon on 7 mile to support my business in Detroit.” Many callers remarked on her generosity, told stories of her famous parties and overall commitment to the residents of the City of Detroit.
Mason declared, “Aretha was my friend, my neighbor and a true beacon of talent who inspired so many people in Detroit and around the world. No one will ever replace her.”
Radio One Vice President, General Manager, Kathy Stinehour said, “It doesn’t surprise me in the least Mason stepped forward of his own accord and volunteered to host the 12 hour marathon tribute. That is a very long time to be on the airwaves and heis doing an outstanding job keeping it real as Aretha would have expected.”
Keep Up with Our Latest News Regarding The Aretha Franklin Memories & Memorial:
- Professor Calls Police On Black Student For No Good Reason
- The 15th Annual Detroit Tree Lighting Is This Friday! Here’s What You Need To Know Before You Go!
- Want To Reduce Depression? Limit Facebook Time, Study Suggest
- (Video) Jill Scott Has Everybody Talkin’ Nasty For This One Reason!
- California Inmates Are Being Paid $1 An Hour To Fight Massive Wildfire
- All The Ways Michelle Obama Has Thrown Shade at Trump
- CNN Files Lawsuit Against Trump Administration
- Protesters Ready To Raise Hell Outside Midlothian Police Department That Refuses To Name Cop Who Killed Jemel Roberson
- Mike Espy Speaks Out On Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith Saying She Would Sit Front Row At A ‘Public Hanging’
- Angie Starr’s Starlight Ep.2 With The Bud Scientist