Congratulations to Sinai-Grace’s 2018 Nurse of the Year Samantha Muczinski, BSN, BS, RN! Samantha has been a nurse at Sinai-Grace since 2014. She has two Bachelor of Science degrees, in nursing and health science, from Oakland University, and is currently pursuing a Master of Science degree in forensic nursing. On her unit, Samantha eagerly steps into a leadership position, whenever necessary and works tirelessly to ensure patients and family members feel at home.
As mentioned in Samantha’s nomination form…
- Her leadership skills create good relationships with her colleagues, by setting the right balance on the unit.
- She has had a positive impact on many nursing students by being highly committed to helping those who are new the field.
- She works to eliminate errors by prioritizing quality and safety.
- She always shows compassion, patience, and loving care when it comes to her colleagues and patients.
- She treats everyone with respect courtesy no matter their title.
- She shows great collaborative and team building skills by often taking the initiative to help with unit projects, hospital competitions, and hospital committees.
Thank you, Samantha, for the difference you make in the health and wellness of our community through your tireless efforts, care and compassion. Nursing is one of the most rewarding careers, but also one of the most challenging. We are grateful that you choose to share your unique gifts and talents with us at DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital.
This week, DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital celebrates both National Nurses & Hospital Week. Sinai-Grace is proud of its team of nearly 3,000 employees, physicians and volunteers who help care for more than 100,000 patients every year. We recognize and thank the Sinai-Grace team for the hard work, dedication and compassion that they demonstrate to our community each and every day.
Sinai-Grace Hospital is fortunate to have many super heroes. Meet just a few of them, and learn how they are helping people live happier, healthier lives.