At least two people were killed after a truck ran over a group of bike riders and then shot them in New York City on Tuesday afternoon, according to multiple reports. One person was taken into custody, the New York Police department announced soon after.
Additional details were not immediately available as police conducted its investigation.
The crash and shooting in broad daylight took place near the World Trade Center and a prestigious public high school shortly after 3 p.m. local time.
“What happened was there was a car crash… he came out of one of the cars. He had two guns. He was running around Chambers and somebody started to chase him,” a 14-year-old Stuyvesant High School student told the New York Post. “I heard four to six gunshots – everybody starts running.”
While details were scarce, photos and video footage from the scene were posted to social media.
This is a developing story that will be updated as more information becomes available.
14 American Domestic Terrorist Attacks Since 9/11 [PHOTOS]
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Las Vegas Shooter (2017)
1 of 14
2. The D.C. Sniper
2 of 14
3. Virginia Tech Shooting (2007)
3 of 14
4. Pittsburgh Police Shootings (2009)
4 of 14
5. Gabrielle Giffords Shooting (2011)
5 of 14
6. Aurora Movie Theatre Shooting (2012)
6 of 14
7. Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting (2012)
7 of 14
8. Washington Navy Yard Shooting (2013)
8 of 14
9. Blooming Grove Police Shooting (2014)
9 of 14
10. Overland Park Jewish Community Center Shooting (2014)
10 of 14
11. Las Vegas Police Ambush (2014)
Source:Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department via Getty Images
11 of 14
12. Umpqua Community College Shooting (2015)
12 of 14
13. Charleston Church Shooting (2015)
13 of 14
14. Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting (2015)
14 of 14