Joining other celebrities vowing to help those recovering from Hurricane Harvey, Solange has announced a benefit concert to raise money for Houstonians in need.
“I will be doing a special ‘Orions Rise’ show in Boston, and ALL proceeds will go towards Hurricane Harvey Relief,” she announced on Wednesday. “I’m committed to partnering with organizations on the ground in Houston and making contributions to uplift the city that raised me with so much love.”
On Monday, Beyoncé announced plans to help her hometown via her philanthropic effort, BeyGOOD.
On Wednesday night, Donald Trump shared a recent speech in which he addressed the devastation happening in Texas. And he seems to be proud of his response so far, regardless of how negligent it’s been.
“First responders have been doing heroic work,” he said. “Their courage & devotion has saved countless lives – they represent the very best of America!” Earlier that day, Trump sent out a tweet to the storm victims stating his “heart goes out even more so to the great people of Texas!”
Easy to say for the president who has yet to actually visit them. Instead, he held another campaign-style rally. Will he ever get it?
SOURCE: Los Angeles Times
14 Heartbreaking Photos Of The Chaos Hurricane Harvey Has Caused In Texas
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Police and volunteers rescue residents flooded by the San Jacinto river in Kingwood, Tex.
1 of 14
2. A house is completely submerged in flood water.
2 of 14
3. A police officer carries a child to safety.
3 of 14
4. The Tellez family evacuates their home.
4 of 14
5. Residential neighborhoods near the Interstate 10 almost completely underwater.
5 of 14
6. An SUV is submerged in flood water.
6 of 14
7. A Houston resident walks through waist-deep flood water as she evacuates her home.
7 of 14
8. Young kids escape a flooded neighborhood.
8 of 14
9. Volunteers set up a temporary shelter for those who’ve had to evacuate their homes.
9 of 14
10. A large boat is pulled through shallow water in a flooded neighborhood.
10 of 14
11. A family is rescued in Houston.
11 of 14
12. Police and volunteers rescue residents flooded by the San Jacinto river in Kingwood, Tex.
12 of 14
13. Crosby, Tex. residents wade through flooded streets.
13 of 14
14. A dog is rescued from the floodwater.
14 of 14