The 2017 Met Gala will be one to remember. This year’s theme celebrated Rei Kawakubo, the designer and visionary behind Comme des Garçons. A designer known for her voluminous designs and avant-garde architecture, we knew to expect some great red carpet looks and beauty.
It was serious #BlackGirlMagic on the red carpet and there was so much hair inspo that will be sure to influence your next look.
Zendaya came through with beautiful afro blow out that makes us want so much volume for spring!
Solange gave us big, effortless curls as well for her Met Gala look. She looked New York City ready in this puffy ensemble by Thom Browne.
Ruth Negga took a risk on the red carpet and sported good ole’ fashion cornrows. Wearing her hair straight back allows us to focus on her face and leave the attention on her dress. Cornrows are always a good look and I’m loving them at this short length.
TURN YOUR HAIR INTO ART
Rita Ora came with a cute crop cut to the Met Gala and I’m sure this style is going to take flight.
Imagine what you can do with a wig cap and some creativity.
Janelle Monae reinvents her short haircut over and over again with her hair accessories. Whether it’s googly eyes or these floral jewels, she is teaching us how to work that short look.
Lupita Nyong’o gave us a short look and fanned out her hair on the side with some extensions.
Rihanna gave us next level top knot style with her hair. Adding a fun slightly swept bang, it really enhanced her look. Her hair had a slightly greasy, I haven’t washed my hair for a week, type of look…and it just worked with this dress.
No buns about it, Tracee Ellis Ross shows us that a simple updo can be red carpet ready. I love that she had such a strong dress and let the focus be on her ensemble.
Lala Anthony gave us an updo with a slight bouffant and we’re here for it. She’s looking super fab on the red carpet, hello single life!
Beauties, which celebrity hairstyle did YOU like best? Tell us in the comments!
RED CARPET RUNDOWN: The 2017 Met Gala
1. ZOE KRAVITZSource:Getty 1 of 27
2. RIHANNASource:Getty 2 of 27
3. LUPITA NYONG'OSource:Getty 3 of 27
4. MARY J. BLIGESource:Getty 4 of 27
5. RITA ORASource:Getty 5 of 27
6. JANELLE MONAESource:Getty 6 of 27
7. SOLANGESource:Getty 7 of 27
8. ZENDAYASource:Getty 8 of 27
9. MIGOSSource:Getty 9 of 27
10. CHRISSY TEIGEN AND JOHN LEGENDSource:Getty 10 of 27
11. LIL' YACHTYSource:Getty 11 of 27
12. BELLA HADIDSource:Getty 12 of 27
13. HELEN LASICHANH and PHARRELL WILLIAMSSource:Getty 13 of 27
14. THANDIE NEWTONSource:Getty 14 of 27
15. SERENA WILLIAMSSource:Getty 15 of 27
16. JOAN SMALLSSource:Getty 16 of 27
17. JOURDAN DUNN AND FUTURESource:Getty 17 of 27
18. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource:Getty 18 of 27
19. JADEN SMITHSource:Getty 19 of 27
20. ASHLEY GRAHAMSource:Getty 20 of 27
21. JOURDAN DUNNSource:Getty 21 of 27
22. KENDALL JENNERSource:Getty 22 of 27
23. KYLIE JENNERSource:Getty 23 of 27
24. RUTH NEGGASource:Getty 24 of 27
25. KIM KARDASHIANSource:Getty 25 of 27
26. WIZ KHALIFASource:Getty 26 of 27
27. HALLE BERRYSource:Getty 27 of 27
Get Some Serious Hair-spiration From The 2017 Met Gala Red Carpet was originally published on hellobeautiful.com