If you’re flying solo in life, Valentine’s Day (ahem, Singles Appreciation Day) can really mess with your head. There’s a BIG difference between being alone and feeling lonely. Whenever you’re feeling sad, like you’re floating through life without a lifesaver, or just down about yourself because you’re not surrounded by people, remember these things and get yourself motivated.
Prohappiness has a great article about 10 Motivational Things To Remember When You Feel Lost Alone And Unhappy. Check out the highlights below.
1. You are not alone in being alone.
2. Sometimes when you’re lonely, you need to be alone.
3. You have to be a little lost first to find what you’re looking for.
4. It’s all about accepting the reality of what is.
5. In every situation, YOU choose your attitude.
6. Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone.
7. Everyone you care about does NOT need to support your decisions.
8. You are not who you used to be, and that’s OK.
9. The best you can do changes from day to day.
10. It all matters in the end – every step, every regret, every smile, and every struggle.