IN 2013, DETROIT MAYORS OFFICE DECLARED EACH 22ND DAY OF THE MONTH A CITY WIDE DAY OF PEACE AND HEALING AND A “NO VIOLENCE DAY” IN DETROIT, AKA CODE 22
On October 22, 2015 CODE 22 will launch From Detroit To America:
- 22 Churches will host simultaneous Peace and Healing services in support of Code 22 at 7 pm.
- 22 UAW Locals will unite at the Region with Sheriff Benny Napoleon in Support of Code 22.
- 22 Chaplains are working with inmates to declare a No violence Day in prisons.
- 22 Schools, students, staff, and parents pledge to No Violence/No Bullying honor Code 22.
- 22 Merchants will give discounts in support of Code 22 on the 22nd monthly
- 22 Communities where there is high levels of violence are asked to refrain for 1 day by Neighborhood Police officers and stations.
Source: Pastor Ovella Davis / Code 22
We’re are also asking for endorsement letters. All endorsement letters will be shared with our local media. We are seeking their support of Code 22 by way of refraining from airing any violence on the 22nd but instead, cover the many positive events taking place city wide. Please submit your support in writing to help this initiative succeed.
Thank you for your assistance and please share!
A No Violence Day from Detroit to America: Code 22 Tomorrow was originally published on wchbnewsdetroit.com