Source: Black America web
Some things just can’t be ignored! This year as Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston are being inducted into the momentous Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame and Museum (R&BHOF), the number five seems to keep coming up.
You see, their awards will be presented to their respective parents Joseph (Joe) Jackson, and Cissy Houston. Here’s where it gets interesting: Reportedly Joe was born in 1928, and Cissy was born five years later in 1933. They both were in their 30th year when their superstar offspring were born – Michael in 1958, and Whitney five years later (there’s that five again) in 1963. It’s been five years since Michael passed away.
In an article titled ‘Number 5 Numerology – A Dynamic Force’ author Hans Decoz wrote: ‘The number 5 is the most dynamic and energetic of all the single-digit numbers. It is unpredictable, always in motion and constantly in need of change. Although it is molded from an almost equal mix of masculine and feminine qualities, in general the 5 is slightly more feminine — albeit a daring, tomboyish kind of feminine, with nothing demure or submissive about her [‘her’ being the number].’ That seems to sum up the hallmark of both talents at the highlights of their careers.
On Sunday, August 24, 2014, this year’s R&BHOF induction ceremony will be held in Canton, OH at the Canton Palace Theater. Honorees will include, along with Michael and Whitney, The Whispers, Marvin Gaye, The Funk Brothers, Gene Chandler, Joe Jackson, and The Sweet Inspirations. Confirmed attendees and/or supporters (among others) are Duke Fakir (The Four Tops), Kim Weston, Martha Reeves, and the families of Jackie Wilson, Sam Cooke, and David Ruffin. Oh, and yes, the event begins at five.
Last year at the Cleveland State University in Ohio, many Detroiters and Motown alumni were inducted into the R&BHOF inaugural class such as The Temptations, The Four Tops, The Dramatics, and Jackie Wilson to name a few.
R&BHOF officials recently announced the likelihood of a permanent home for the official R&BHOF Museum being built in the city of Detroit. For further details please visit their website at: http://www.rbhalloffame.com/
Whitney: Remembering The Music Icon Through The Years (August 9, 1963 - February 11, 2012)
23 photos Launch gallery
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy Houston
Source:- 1970 - © Gary Czvekus - Retna Ltd
1 of 23
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986
Source:© Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna
2 of 23
3. Whitney Houston 1986
Source:Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd.
3 of 23
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine Auditorium
Source:david plastik / PR Photos
4 of 23
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.
Source:© Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd.
5 of 23
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna
6 of 23
7. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna UK
7 of 23
8. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994
8 of 23
9. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990's
9 of 23
10. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990's
10 of 23
11. Whitney Houston mid 1990's
Source:© Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses
11 of 23
12. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.
12 of 23
13. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998
Source:© Retna Ltd.
13 of 23
14. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999
Source:© Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd.
14 of 23
15. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.
15 of 23
16. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere
16 of 23
17. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007
17 of 23
18. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008
18 of 23
19. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009
Source:© Derek Storm/Retna
19 of 23
20. Whitney Houston in 2010
20 of 23
21. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
21 of 23
22. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
22 of 23
23. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
23 of 23