8-year-old, Camari Smith was injured Monday afternoon after being hit by a car, according to Detroit police. The incident happened on Robson Street, which is near the intersection of Greenfield Road and Fenkell Street on Detroit’s west side.
According to Fox 2, Smith was having ice cream from a nearby ice cream truck with a friend when a driver failed to stop at the ice cream truck’s stop sign, which was extended with blinking red lights. Police say the impact sent the girl airborne and knocked her out of her shoes.
She reportedly didn’t have any vital signs when she was first conveyed to the hospital. However, medical officials are said to have found a pulse and the girl has been transported to Children’s Hospital.
Police are looking for a black male driving silver or gray Dodge Charger. It will most likely have severe front-end damage, especially on the windshield. Authorities are reminding everyone that any stop sign is enforceable by law, whether it’s on a school bus, an ice cream truck or on a sign post in the ground.
For more exclusive footage and details on this accident, watch the Fox 2 News report below:
1. Omarion appeared in commercials at an early age and went on to join 'B2K'. He is currently signed to Rick Ross' label and a cast member of 'Love and Hip Hop'
1 of 26
2. Kyla Pratt started acting at age 8, appearing in shows like, 'Friends', 'Smart Guy' and 'Family Matters'. She currently stars in the BET hit 'Let's Stay Together'
2 of 26
3. Zendaya Coleman is most known for her characters on the Disney channel and is currently starring in a show on the same network.
3 of 26
4. Tahj Mowry is the little brother of superstar twins, Tia and Tamera, however he has been acting in his own right since age four. Some of his roles include 'Full House' and ' Smart Guy'. Currently stars as Tucker on ABC's 'Baby Daddy'.
4 of 26
5. Romeo Miller has been on the scene since 2001 first in music and now in television and film.
5 of 26
6. Alfonso Riberio began his career at the age of eight. His most notable role was as 'Carlton Banks' on the NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air from 1990 to 1996.
6 of 26
7. Raven Symone started acting at age three in the hit show, 'The Cosby Show'. She then went on to star in her own show on the Disney channel and several movies.
7 of 26
8. Kim Fields caught our attention in 1979 as Tootie in 'Facts Of Life'. She went on to appear in the highly successful show 'Living Single' starring Queen Latifah.
8 of 26
9. Gabrielle Union's goal wasn't to be an actress. While interning in college at a Talent Agency she was discovered and landed her first role on 'Saved By The Bell'. Since then she's become a household name and is currently starring in BET's 'Being Mary Jane'.
9 of 26
10. Meagan Good started acting in 1999 on Nickelodeon's 'Cousin Skeeter'. She has since been seen in other television sitcoms and movies. The highly anticipated sequel to 'Think Like A Man' comes out in June 2014 where she stars as Joanna.
10 of 26
11. Reagan Gomez Preston was spotted on the scene in 1995 as Zaria Peterson in the hit show 'Parenthood'. Since then she has been in a number of videos and movies alike.
11 of 26
12. Malcolm Jamal Warner is best known for his role as Theo on 'The Cosby Show'. Since then he's starred alongside Tracee Ellis Ross and Eddie Griffin.
12 of 26
13. Nick Cannon has been on the scene since 1990. He is now the President of Nick Jr and has married one of the biggest stars in the country.
13 of 26
14. Marques Houston has been acting since 1992 and although he's not in the spotlight as much now, he has made cameos in several films and is still active in the music business.
14 of 26
15. At age six, Keshia Knight Pulliam was the youngest star ever to be nominated for an Emmy. At 35 she's still in the business.
15 of 26
16. Tatyana Ali started her acting career at age six appearing on Sesame Street and later on landing her career defining role as Ashley on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'
16 of 26
17. Tamery Mowry-Housely and Tia Mowry-Hardict started their career in 1990 and have had a steady climb in the industry ever since. Both are married with kids and can be seen on their respective televisions shows.
17 of 26
18. Keke Palmer started her acting career at age 9 and she shows no signs of slowing down. At age 20 she has just been named the youngest person to ever have her own talk show.
18 of 26
19. Brandy became a star at just 15 and at 31, she is not close to slowing down. (PR)
19 of 26
20. LL Cool J hopped on the scene at the young age of 19 and 20 years later is still here. (PR)
20 of 26
21. "Just One of Them Days" catapulted Monica into the music industry and she hasn't left. (PR)
21 of 26
22. Nas made his first big rap appearance at the age of 18, and still is making classics. (PR)
22 of 26
23. Beyonce was just a kid when she began her career, and over 20 years later she's a bonafide Superstar. (PR)
23 of 26
24. Some may think it's too soon to say Bow Wow has made it but after 12 years in the game, he's made his mark. (PR)
24 of 26
25. With over a half a century of success, many forget Aretha Franklin was just 17 with a Billboard Hit. (PR)
25 of 26
26. 7-time Grammy Award Winner Usher, snuck onto the scene at 13 and is now one of the best selling artists of all time.(PR)