Dr. Dre is joining the billionaire’s club! According to reports, the rapper and mega music producer is in the final steps of closing a deal with Apple to sale his Beats Electronics brand.
Sources say Apple is snatching up the company that brought us Beats By Dre for a whopping $3.2 billion! “Since Dre and Interscope honcho Jimmy Iovine created the brand … it’s a safe bet they will walk away with a huge chunk of that cash,” TMZ repots. “Dre and Jimmy created the brand back in 2008 with headphones — but now they’re also making bank off speakers, car audio systems, and a streaming service.”
The deal, which is on its way to becoming Apple’s biggest acquisition yet, is expected to close next week.
As we reported earlier, the headphone connoisseur landed at No. 2 on Forbes wealthiest artists in hip-hop list last month. Coming in second to Diddy, Dre’s net worth was estimated at $550 million.
Somebody pop the bubbly!
Check Out This Gallery
The Sweeter The Juice: Billionaires Who Love Black Women!
1. For The Love Of MoneySource: 1 of 12
2. Eve With Husband, Maximillion CooperSource: 2 of 12
3. Mellody Hobson WIth Hubby, George LucasSource: 3 of 12
4. Janet Jackson With Hubby, Wissam Al ManaSource: 4 of 12
5. Beyonce With Hubby, Jay ZSource: 5 of 12
6. Naomi Campbell With Controverisial Ex, Vladimir DoroninSource: 6 of 12
7. Kelly Rowland With Old Flame Sir Richard BransonSource: 7 of 12
8. Iman With Hubby, David BowieSource: 8 of 12
9. Angela Howard With Hubby, Matt StoneSource: 9 of 12
10. Grace Hightower With Hubby, Robert De NiroSource: 10 of 12
11. Patrice Motsepe WIth Hubby Dr. Precious Moloi MotsepeSource: 11 of 12
12. Sheila and Bob JohnsonSource: 12 of 12
Billionaire Status! Dr. Dre Is Selling Beats To Apple For $3.2 Billion was originally published on hellobeautiful.com