I know God is busy but He seems to be answering many of our Fast Food prayers lately.
If you’re a big fan of breakfast, (and who isn’t?) you’ve probably heard that Taco Bell will start selling breakfast burritos and waffle tacos and McDonald’s is extending its breakfast hours until 11.
That’s a good start McDonald’s. Now we just need you to extend them for another 5 hours because sometimes my kids would like a nice Sausage Egg McMuffin for dinner.
Here are some other prayer requests that some moms and I have come up with:
1. A drive thru Chipotle. Most of us order the same thing every time so we don’t need to physically see it and point to it through plexi-glass. Are they afraid we’ll try to drive and eat our burrito bowl with lettuce, cilantro lime rice, black beans, corn, medium salsa and guacamole? Told you I don’t need to see it!
2. A calorie-free Starbuck’s menu And for them to admit they’re really selling us venti coffee-flavored milk shakes and floats. We’re all adults here.
3. A McDonald’s that sells five fries per visit, even if we demand a full order. It’s for our own good.
4. A Subway that lets us build our own sandwiches so that J. Anthony Brown and Sybil Wilkes can get all the olives they want. And we can have six slices of pepper jack cheese, no questions asked.
5. To be able to order oatmeal from McDonald’s or Starbucks without getting the look that says, “you really need to go home and fix your kids a bowl of Quaker Oats. And…
6. To not get the side eye when we order a salad for ourselves with dressing on the side and a double cheese burger, fries and fruit punch for our pre-teens. (Hey, they need the protein!)
7. Whole Foods to stop weighing our salads. Why should we have to pay more for heavy veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes and cheese. (when it’s on a salad bar, cheese is a vegetable)
8. When Scandal returns this week all fast food drive thrus should give us a half-off discount so that our entire families can be fed, happy and have no need to bother us about anything dinner-related.
9. For every fast food restaurant to be open with a full menu at 4 a.m. for us early morning hustlers who are heading to work and might be ready for our lunch a 9 a.m.
10. And the ultimate prayer…for Chick Fila to be open on Sundays. I’d even be willing to a take shift myself to help the cause. I can’t think of too many things worse than dreaming of a chicken biscuit for breakfast and waking up only to realize it’s Sunday. That itself is sinful!
If you have any prayer requests that you’d like to add to the list, please leave them in the comment box below.