Celebrity chef and unofficial Queen of Buttery Racism, Paula Deen has been having the worst week ever. From accusations of extreme racism to losing endorsement deals and top TV spots on the Food Network, her career is pretty much flailing. The latest to pull out? Novo Nordisk–the pharmaceutical company that manufactures Victoza, the Diabetes drug Deen’s promoted since she announced her Type 2 diagnosis last year.
Deen faced criticism for working with the company because she pushes unhealthy recipes, but was also cashing in on her illness. Novo Nordisk claimed that they weren’t dropping Deen because of the racist headlines, however, that tune has changed. This is what they had to say:
Novo Nordisk and Paula Deen have mutually agreed to suspend our patient education activities for now, while she takes time to focus her attention where it is needed.
Novo Nordisk would like to acknowledge Paula’s involvement in our Diabetes in a New Light™ campaign, where she has helped make many people aware of type 2 diabetes and the lifestyle changes needed to control this serious disease.
Well, I guess that’s how the cookie with way too much butter and cream, crumbles.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery Of The Hottest Celeb Pics Of The Week!
The Best Style Moments Of The Week 6/21 - 6/28
1. Kelly Rowland appears on Watch What Happens Live - Season 101 of 15
2. Jessica White attends The "Super Heroes" Fundraiser And Domino Tournament at The 40/40 Club2 of 15
3. Keri Hilson attends party hosted by Fabolous and Cassie at Prive in Atlanta3 of 15
4. Selita Ebanks attends Dramatically Different Party Hosted By Clinique4 of 15
5. Fatima Siad attends Dramatically Different Party Hosted By Clinique5 of 15
6. Estelle attends Dramatically Different Party Hosted By Clinique6 of 15
7. Angela Simmons at BET's "106 & Park" visits BET Studios7 of 15
8. Antonia Wright attends party hosted by Fabolous and Cassie at Prive8 of 15
9. assie attends party hosted by Fabolous and Cassie at Prive9 of 15
10. Serena Williams attends the annual pre-Wimbledon party at Kensington Roof Gardens10 of 15
11. Naomi Campbell at The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party Co-Hosted By L'Wren Scott11 of 15
12. Garcelle Beauvais attends "White House Down" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater12 of 15
13. June Ambrose attends "White House Down" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater13 of 15
14. Nichole Galicia attends "White House Down" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater14 of 15
15. Melanie Fiona visits BET's "106 & Park" at BET Studios15 of 15
PM BUZZ: Victim Scared Of Breezy’s Tatts; North West’s Name Explained & More was originally published on hellobeautiful.com