It’s graduation season and high-profile commencement speakers are being announced left and right!
The latest celebrity to grace the pages of a graduation program is Scandal star Kerry Washington. According to reports, the actress will give the commencement address at her alma mater, George Washington University, on May 19th.
Along with giving the keynote speech, the 1998 graduate (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) will receive an honorary degree from the university.
“I am delighted that Ms. Washington has agreed to give the Commencement address,” said GW President Steven Knapp. “She has captured the imagination of our students, and they will benefit greatly, as they head out into the world, from hearing her perspective both as an alumna and as a highly successful actor on stage, in film and on television.”
Other highly-anticipated commencement speakers of 2013 include President Barack Obama at Ohio State, Morehouse College and the U.S. Naval Academy; Oprah Winfrey at Harvard; Toni Morrison at Vanderbilt and Sanya Richards-Ross at her alma mater, the The University of Texas at Austin.
The graduates of 2013 will surely have a star-studded celebration!
Check Out This Gallery
10 Style Tips From Kerry Washington
1. 10 Style Tips From Kerry Washington1 of 11
2. (1.) Learn How To Channel Your Inner Olivia Pope2 of 11
3. (2.) Add A LOT Of Color To Your Closet3 of 11
4. (3.) Make A Statement With Your Accessories4 of 11
5. (4.) Have Your Freakum Dress Ready5 of 11
6. (5.) Show A Little Skin6 of 11
7. (6.) And A Little Leg7 of 11
8. (7.) And Perhaps Some Cleavage Too8 of 11
9. (8.) Get Retro!9 of 11
10. (9.) Show Your Animalistic Side10 of 11
11. (10.) The Little Black Dress Is Your Best Friend11 of 11
Kerry Washington To Give 2013 Commencement Address At George Washington University was originally published on hellobeautiful.com