Bobbi Kristina Brown is also boycotting her grandmother’s tell-all book. Cissy Houston has written “Remembering Whitney,” a book about her daughter and says it’s an honest look at Whitney Houston’s life. But Bobbi Kristina says the book is “disrespectful” and has asked her fans not to read.
Meanwhile, her father, Bobby, is 44 years old and is no closer today to becoming a rational adult than he was five years ago.
If Bobby Brown is searching for a role model, he only needs to look to President Barack Obama, a father of two daughters who takes his responsibility as a black father seriously.
“He goes home for dinner every night; he is a present and involved father,” Valerie Jarrett, a White House Senior Adviser, said in an interview. Or Brown could listen to stories about “real fathers” on “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.”
Perhaps what Bobbi Kristina really needs is some distance between Brown and his destructive behavior, which, sadly, seems to be a family trend. Bobbi Kristina needs help – the kind of help a real father could provide. Unfortunately, her father, Bobby Brown, is an addict and needs help, too.
I don’t know what the future holds for Bobby and Kristina, but I do believe that Bobbi Kristina could have a chance at a normal life if only her father would just learn to grow up and be a responsible man.
I’m hopeful – but I’m not holding my breath.
Whitney: Remembering The Music Icon Through The Years (August 9, 1963 - February 11, 2012)
23 photos Launch gallery
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy Houston
Source:- 1970 - © Gary Czvekus - Retna Ltd
1 of 23
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986
Source:© Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna
2 of 23
3. Whitney Houston 1986
Source:Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd.
3 of 23
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine Auditorium
Source:david plastik / PR Photos
4 of 23
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.
Source:© Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd.
5 of 23
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna
6 of 23
7. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna UK
7 of 23
8. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994
8 of 23
9. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990's
9 of 23
10. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990's
10 of 23
11. Whitney Houston mid 1990's
Source:© Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses
11 of 23
12. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.
12 of 23
13. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998
Source:© Retna Ltd.
13 of 23
14. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999
Source:© Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd.
14 of 23
15. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.
15 of 23
16. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere
16 of 23
17. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007
17 of 23
18. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008
18 of 23
19. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009
Source:© Derek Storm/Retna
19 of 23
20. Whitney Houston in 2010
20 of 23
21. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
21 of 23
22. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
22 of 23
23. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
23 of 23
« Previous page 1 2