The Onion has now apologized for the tweeted insult to “Beasts Of The Southern Wild” starlet and Oscar nominee, Quvenzhane Wallis. Last night, during the 2013 Oscars, the satirical paper took to Twitter and boldly tweeted that 9-year-old actress was a “c*nt.” The tweet was live for about an hour, before the powers that be at The Onion took it down.
Now that they’ve apologized, it seems fans of The Onion are upset. Wait, What?
I just don’t get why The Onion thought it would be remotely funny to call this child such a sexual and derogatory term! There’s chatter about Quvenzhane’s sassy attitude on the red carpet, but that doesn’t warrant such a word being used on a child!
What do you beauties think? Let’s chat on Twitter!
Danielle Young (@RhapsoDani) February 20, 2013
More On Quvenzhane Wallis:
Check Out This Amazing Oscars Gallery!
Oscars 2013: The Absolutely Best (& Worst) Dressed
1. Kelly Rowland in Donna Karan1 of 20
2. Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan2 of 20
3. Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive3 of 20
4. Charlize Theron in Dior Couture4 of 20
5. Quvenzhane Wallis5 of 20
6. Michael Strahan6 of 20
7. Robin Roberts7 of 20
8. Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton8 of 20
9. Kerry Washington in Miu Miu9 of 20
10. Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille Couture10 of 20
11. Shaun Robinson11 of 20
12. Halle Berry in Versace12 of 20
13. Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji13 of 20
14. Naomi Watts in Armani Prive14 of 20
15. Jane Fonda in Atelier Versace15 of 20
16. Jennifer Hudson in Roberto Cavalli16 of 20
17. Helen Hunt in H&M17 of 20
18. Adele in Jenny Packham18 of 20
19. Queen Latifah in Badgley Mischka19 of 20
20. Jamie Foxx and his daughter Corrine Bishop20 of 20
The Onion Apologizes To Quvenzhane Wallis Via Facebook [PHOTO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com