We are just moments into the Inauguration Day festivities, and the world has already begun obsessing over Michelle Obama‘s style. As I expected, she plans to wow us with each look. The FLOTUS stepped out wearing a custom navy Thom Browne coat and dress.
“The First Lady is wearing a navy Thom Browne coat and dress. The fabric was developed based on the style of man’s silk tie. The belt and gloves she is wearing are from J.Crew and her earrings are designed by Cathy Waterman. She is also wearing Reed Krakoff boots. At the end of the Inaugural festivities, the outfit and accompanying accessories will go to the National Archives.” White House official statement
Her daughter Malia is also wearing a J.Crew ensemble. Sasha Obama is wearing a Kate Spade coat and dress.
Thom Browne is the recipient of the 2012 National Design Award in Fashion Design, celebrated with a White House luncheon ceremony hosted by the first lady. Michelle wore his lace overlay dress for the Democratic National Convention in September 2012.
MORE ON THE OBAMAS:
Follow our style & beauty editor on Twitter!—
Ty Alexander (@HB_TyAlexander) January 18, 2013
The Kids’ Inaugural Concert 2013
1. The First Lady Michelle Obama and her children along with Jill Biden and her family arriveSource: 1 of 8
2. Singer Usher perfumesSource: 2 of 8
3. Jill Biden speaks during the children's concertSource: 3 of 8
4. First Lady Michelle Obama gives Usher a standing ovationSource: 4 of 8
5. Young fans greet members of the group 'Mindless Behavior'Source: 5 of 8
6. Katy Perry performsSource: 6 of 8
7. First Lady Michelle Obama watches the show with her daughters Malia and SashaSource: 7 of 8
8. The First Lady Michelle Obama speaks during the children's concertSource: 8 of 8
The Obamas’ Inauguration 2013 Looks: Thom Browne, Kate Spade & J. Crew (PHOTOS) was originally published on hellobeautiful.com