0 reads
Leave a comment

My son came very early 6mo or 24 weeks. I had many issues I had all back labor and was on magneseum sulfate which causes you to urinate like mad. The contractions were so bad I could not even get a bed pan under me. They tried a cathador and it didnt work I peed during delivery and they tried to catch it in a trash bag, my other end also did a number talk about gross!!! To top it off I had a retained placenta which had to be manually removed. I could feel the doctors knuckles in my spine trying to dig it out. Hit a nerve I could not move super pain to add to all the grossness. To top it off, I threw up on the delivery room floor. Needless to say, my son is now 8 and perfect well worth it but disgusting they do not tell you what can happen during child birth.

How about this for a birth story: We used potato chip clips to clamp the umbilical cord! New mother reveals how she gave birth in the midst of Hurricane Sandy…see below

A new mother has told how she gave birth in the midst of Hurricane Sandy, with no electricity or running water.

Abby Wellington, 34, from Fort Lee, New Jersey, went into labor at 10pm last Monday evening, as the category one storm battered the East Coast.

And with no medical equipment to hand, her husband, Stephen Olefson, told The Huffington Post that he was forced to improvise by candlelight, digging out ‘gloves and a potato chip clip to clamp the

Ms Wellington’s due date was Tuesday, October 30, but she started experiencing contractions the evening before, and, unlike her previous pregnancy, her labor lasted just half an hour.

Mr Olefson, 35, explained: ‘In medical terms it’s called a precipitous delivery. You’ll hear about it every once in a while, but it’s very rare.

No light, no heat, literally by candlelight. We used the same candles we used for my mother-in-law’s 70th birthday party.’

To make his wife comfortable, Mr Olefson used hot water left in the pipes to make a shallow bath.

He then created a soft covering on the tiled bathroom floor using towels and pillows, and lined up some candles in front of the toilet.

‘It wasn’t romantic… The whole thing was crazy. ‘ he recalled.

His wife added: ‘There wasn’t a lot of room in the bathroom. There’s a bathtub on the left, and then the sink, the toilet and a small square space.

‘But we didn’t have anywhere else to go. There was no power in the living room, and our son was in the bedroom.’

They attempted to find an obstetrician in their building, but with no phone signal they were unable to make a connection.

A neighbor stayed with the couple, lending them a box of gloves, and Ms Wellington described the woman as a ‘calming presence’.

She said: ‘Once the baby was out, I became my neonatologist self and told them what to do: “Clamp the cord! Get towels! Get a hat!”

‘I felt totally fine the second the baby came out. Before that, I was in another world.’

She gave birth to a girl named Henley, weighing a healthy 8 pounds, just after 10.30pm.

Fifteen minutes later an obstetrician from upstairs arrived, along with police and an ambulance crew.

Describing the scenario, Mr Olefson said: ‘We’re sitting in the bathroom with two potato chip clamps on each end of the umbilical cord. The baby’s great. Happy, crying, warm.

‘The medics and the police say, “This is so cool! We never get calls like this, especially on a day like today when we’ve only had bad news.” Everyone [who] was there was joyous and celebrating. It was a very cool moment.’

Despite the drama, the couple’s two-year-old son, Oliver, slept through the storm and his sister’s birth.

Ms Wellington, who works as a pediatrician and training to become a neonatal nurse, admitted: ‘It took me a good 24 hours to process it. I felt bad, because at first I could barely focus on the fact that I had the baby, that Henley was here,

‘I was so focused on the experience. But now I feel like everything has sunk in.’

Source: dailymail

Also On 105.9 Kiss-FM:
comments – Add Yours