1. Rockin’ on the Riverfront – The 2011 free concert series kicks off with Three Dog Night. Bring a crowd because “One is the lonliest number that you’ll ever do.” July 8th
2. Festival Epicure – You’ll have to cross the border to attend this festival of food, wine and music in Windsor. Just think of it as South Detroit. Don’t forget you’ll need an enhanced drivers license or passport. July 8—10.
3. Michigan Elvisfest 2011 – It’s time to get “All Shook Up” in Depot Town! Billed as the best & longest tribute concert in North America, this festival has everything from impersonators to memorabilia to a gospel hour and more. July 8—9. (Warning: music auto-plays when you visit this site.)
5. Plymouth Art in the Park – The second largest art fair in the state features over 400 artists from all over the country. The picture-perfect setting in downtown Plymouth is worth a visit in itself. July 8—10.
6. 31st Annual American Polish Festival – Celebrate Polish culture, food and entertainment. I’m particularly intriguied by the pierogi eating contest and the Polish Taco. Na zdrowie! July 8—10.
And if that’s not enough…
8. Detroit APBA Gold Cup Hydroplane Races will be rocking the Detroit River. More information about the FREE day at the hyroplane races on Friday and more. July 8—10.
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!