0 reads
Leave a comment

Perhaps you forgot to file your 2007 tax return. The Federal Government is hoping nearly $32 million in refunds will move you to file a late return. If you qualify for a refund, you won’t be charged a late penalty.

The IRS says that over 30,000 Michiganders may qualify for a piece of that $31.9 million that’s collecting dust in the vault. The government estimates that more than half of the refunds are worth at least $663.

But, you have to hurry. The deadline for filing your 2007 return is April 18th.

The IRS also reminds us that if you didn’t file a return for 2008 or 2009, your refund may be withheld. Furthermore, if you owe anything, it will be deducted from your refund. The same holds for any unpaid child support, or government student loans and other government backed loans.

For some people who didn’t file a return because they felt they just didn’t earn enough, the government provides a 3 year window to claim a refund. After that, if the money isn’t claimed, it goes to the U.S. Treasury.

You can get the tax forms you need and more information at: “http://www.irs.gov/” . Forms are also available if you call: 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).

Also On 105.9 Kiss-FM:
comments – Add Yours