From the Detroit News -
R. Kelly has a lot of hits. Dozens of them. And during his sold-out show at Detroit’s Fox Theatre Saturday — the first night of a two-night-stand at the venue — the Chicago R&B legend managed to perform a good number of those songs.
Well, parts of them at least. During his 100-minute concert, Kells filed through bits of hit after hit — some from his 11 solo albums, some from his collaborations with other artists — in rapid fire, A.D.D. succession. They came one right after another, choruses stacked on choruses, intros on top of intros, in a dizzying blur of titles. It was like an R. Kelly iPod on shuffle, skipping to the next song every 30 seconds: “Your Body’s Callin,” “Fiesta,” “Ignition,” “I’m a Flirt,” “Go Getta,” “Hotel,” “Real Talk,” “In the Kitchen,” “Down Low,” “Feelin’ on Yo Booty,” “Heaven I Need a Hug,” “12 Play,” “Bump and Grind,” “I Wish,” and so on. And so on, and so on.
What can I say R Kelly has hits for days! Check out a snippet of his performance below along with a stellar performance from Tamia!
Text “KissDetroit” To 77000 To have the first chance at ticket giveaways and breaking news!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE 105.9 Kiss On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Fave Black Celebs!
Follow 105.9 Kiss on twitter @1059kiss
— 105.9 KISS FM (@1059KISS) November 8, 2012
- Angie Starr’s in your Neighborhood: Northland Mall [PHOTOS]
- Angie Starr’s in your Neighborhood: Boulevard Coney Island [PHOTOS]
- Angie Starr’s in your Neighborhood: Super Coney Island [PHOTOS]
- Angie Starr’s in your Neighborhood: Olympia Coney Island [PHOTOS]
- Angie Starr’s in your Neighborhood: Main Street Grill [PHOTOS]
- Angie Starr’s in your Neighborhood: McDonalds on Mack [PHOTOS]