“My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.”
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- Tyler Perry’s Girlfriend Gelila Bekele [PHOTOS]
- BET Hip-Hop Awards 2014 + Spoiler Alerts
- September 22-28: This Week in Black History
- This Week’s Hottest Celebrity Pics (9/12-9/19)
- Celebrity Male Sex Symbols That Don’t Have Kids – And We’re Shocked!
- Couples Who Survived Infidelity
- Baby Makers: Celebs Who Have 4 or More Kids