“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life.. “
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- KEM’s Mack & Third [PHOTOS]
- The Worst Celebrity Wigs
- Idris, Keke, Kerry, Uzo & More At The 66th Annual Emmy Awards
- First Look: Nate Parker In ‘Beyond The Lights’ [EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS]
- Remembering Aaliyah 13 Years Later (January 16, 1979 -August 25, 2001)
- 2014 VMA Performances
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Best & Worst-Dressed