“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- This Week’s Hottest Instagram Pics (7/11-7/18)
- Celebrities Killin’ It In Orange
- Degrees of Separation Between Bayard Rustin and Dwyane Wade
- PHOTOS: Malaysian Airlines Flight Downed in Ukraine
- Little Women Of LA Visit “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show”! [PHOTOS]
- 2014 VMA Nominations: Iggy Azalea & Beyonce Face Off For ‘Video Of The Year’
- Women’s Empowerment Expo Gallery 2 [PHOTOS]