“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- Atlanta Exes: Meet The Cast
- Kevin Hart and Eniko [PHOTOS]
- Celebrating Black Stars with Emmy Awards
- Images From Ferguson (And Beyond)
- Detroit’s National Moment of Silence for Michael Brown At Hart Plaza #NMOS14 [PHOTOS]
- Funny Makeup Transformations
- DO IT FOR THE GRAM: Celebrities Who Flaunt Their Wealth