“I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- Headkrack Hits Up Comic Con! [PHOTOS]
- Aretha Franklin Lost Weight And Looks Great! [PHOTOS]
- This Week’s Hottest Instagram Pics (7/11-7/18)
- 23 Of The Best Tea-Sipping GIFS Ever, But That’s None Of My Business
- Celebrities Killin’ It In Orange
- Degrees of Separation Between Bayard Rustin and Dwyane Wade
- PHOTOS: Malaysian Airlines Flight Downed in Ukraine