“I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- KEM’s Mack & Third [PHOTOS]
- The Worst Celebrity Wigs
- Idris, Keke, Kerry, Uzo & More At The 66th Annual Emmy Awards
- First Look: Nate Parker In ‘Beyond The Lights’ [EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS]
- Remembering Aaliyah 13 Years Later (January 16, 1979 -August 25, 2001)
- 2014 VMA Performances
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Best & Worst-Dressed