Motown founder Berry Gordy and Marvin Gaye’s ex-wife, Anna Gordy Gaye died early this morning in Los Angeles. The family said she passed at home from natural causes around 3AM. Anna was 92 years old.
Marvin and Anna married in 1964 and had one child together, Marvin Gaye III, but eventually divorced in 1977. While they were estranged, Marvin wrote “Anna’s Song”
Anna was a huge influence on his career, co-composing two hits on his classic “What’s Going On” album.
Get KISS News & Highlights Delivered Daily!
Text “KissDetroit” To 52140 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!
Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE 105.9 KISS On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Favorite Black Celebs!
- The Hottest Looks From The 2015 American Music Awards
- American Music Awards 2014 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 American Music Awards: The Best & Worst Dressed
- 10 Style Tips We Learned from Solange
- #FreeBreakfastFridays: McDonalds 6 Mile and Livernois [PHOTOS]
- The Decline Of Don Lemon
- Precious Moments: Cutest Celebrity Kids Of The Week