Motown founder Berry Gordy and Marvin Gaye’s ex-wife, Anna Gordy Gaye died early this morning in Los Angeles. The family said she passed at home from natural causes around 3AM. Anna was 92 years old.
Marvin and Anna married in 1964 and had one child together, Marvin Gaye III, but eventually divorced in 1977. While they were estranged, Marvin wrote “Anna’s Song”
Anna was a huge influence on his career, co-composing two hits on his classic “What’s Going On” album.
Get KISS News & Highlights Delivered Daily!
Text “KissDetroit” To 52140 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!
Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE 105.9 KISS On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Favorite Black Celebs!
- Precious Moments: Cutest Celebrity Kids Of The Week
- All White Everything: Solange’s Wedding Photos #BreakTheInternet
- Micro Mini Marriages: Celebs Who Said I Do…But Really Didn’t
- ‘Nooo, They Weren’t Ready’: Twitter & Instagram Drag The Aaliyah Movie In Memes
- #FreeBreakfastFridays: McDonalds Grand River and Lahser [PHOTOS]
- Cocktail Staycation: Visit 7 Amazing Cities Without Leaving Home
- Celebrity Sugar Mamas + Daddies