Motown founder Berry Gordy and Marvin Gaye’s ex-wife, Anna Gordy Gaye died early this morning in Los Angeles. The family said she passed at home from natural causes around 3AM. Anna was 92 years old.
Marvin and Anna married in 1964 and had one child together, Marvin Gaye III, but eventually divorced in 1977. While they were estranged, Marvin wrote “Anna’s Song”
Anna was a huge influence on his career, co-composing two hits on his classic “What’s Going On” album.
Get KISS News & Highlights Delivered Daily!
Text “KissDetroit” To 52140 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!
Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE 105.9 KISS On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Favorite Black Celebs!
- Celebrity Weight Loss Spokespersons
- Celebrity Engagements We Didn’t See Coming
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (9/19-9/26)
- Guess These Celebrity Dimples
- Toast to ‘Scandal': Cocktails For the Season Premiere
- MEET THE CAST: ‘How To Get Away With Murder’
- Red Carpet Rundown: Black Hollywood’s Finest Slay The Carpet At The Urbanworld Film Festival