If you’re hosting a Superbowl party this Sunday, here are some quick tips to make your day stress free and allow you to enjoy the game.
* Make food satisfying and yet easy to prepare, serve, and eat. That means lots of finger foods, simple to nibble between rolls of the die, and a hearty main course to provide sustenance as game goes on. With a few pantry staples, party food can be prepared quickly and easily.
* Assemble snacks on a tray for easy shuttling between the kitchen and the game-viewing area and then back again. Appetizers arranged and presented on trays with raised edges minimizes messes.
* Is your party potluck? Ask those guests who like to cook to bring offerings that can be dispensed directly from the serving dish. Have non-cooks bring snacks or drinks.
* Snacks such as celery and carrots can be prepared ahead. Store them submerged in ice water to keep them crunchy; blot with a paper towel before serving.
* No time to bake? Visit the bakery at your supermarket for fresh cookies or cake. Most will accommodate a special order even the morning before the big game.
* For an even easier dessert bar, set out the ingredients for banana splits so guests can make their own during commercial breaks.