DETROIT — Nearly 100 tenants of a Detroit apartment building who were without power for almost a week now have electricity. The residents were forced to live in the cold after a dispute between the landlord and DTE. The residents at Casamira Apartments had been using candles and their ovens for light and heat while they waited for the management company, Ressco of Southfield, to resolve the problem. “Each hallway is pitch black,” said Casamira resident Dina Ivy. Power was restored Tuesday evening. Prior to that, some residents resorted to dangling their food with ropes out of the window in an attempt to keep it from spoiling. Ivy said that the power went out last week when a transformer blew out. DTE crews came to the building Tuesday afternoon and said they were working to restore the power. However, DTE said the electrical wiring inside of the building was faulty and there was little it can do until the wiring was fixed. Meanwhile the apartment building’s management said the failure of DTE’s electrical equipment caused damage to wiring at the building. Ressco told Local 4 News Tuesday afternoon that the company had contacted electricians. A few hours later, electricians, with generators in hand, arrived at the apartments. Detroit fire marshals had threatened to condemn the building and force everybody to leave and stop the electricians from working, if electricity hadn’t been restored by 6 p.m. but fortunately that was avoided.