Christmas is almost here and in this season of giving I am sure you have already tagged a strip mall or two securing gifts for your friends and family. The list may be long or short this year, but I encourage you to add one more name to it…yours! Give yourself the ultimate gift this holiday season: a healthy and strong body. Don’t worry, this gift doesn’t require swiping your AmEx. It’s free. From me to you.
Try this workout using one of those (heavier) gifts you bought and skip the gym once or twice this week. P.S. Feel free to regift this one!
The Closet Burner
I love how this exercise secretly tones your whole body all in one move. Pretend like you are reorganizing the top shelves of your closet and instantly feel the burn.
- Start standing with hips slightly wider than hip width and your “gift box” approximately six inches from your feet.
- Squat down as if you are sitting in a chair that is far away from you and low to the ground (can use an actual chair as a target if needed) and extend your arms fully in order to pick up the box.
- Tighten your core and power through your legs as you return to standing with the “gift box” pulled in close to your chest.
- Then tighten your core again and raise up on your tippy toes as you stretch the box overhead…as if you are putting it in a very high shelf.
- Reverse the order and repeat. Try doing as many as you can in one minute.
The Swivel Trimmer
Create that hourglass midsection and tighten your buns with an exercise that is easy and fun.
- Start standing, legs together and your “gift box” directly in front of your chest.
- Lunge forward with your right leg without letting your knee pass the ankle.
- Both legs should make 90 degree angles and be sure to not lean forward. At the same time press the “gift box” directly in front of you. Shoulder height.
- Hold the lunge and rotate to the right.
- Reverse the movement and repeat on your left side. Continue to alternate legs for 1 minute.
The “I’ll Pass…”
Sometimes when it comes to working the core people say, “I’ll pass…” And to that I say…”Yes, you will. You’ll pass this gift box back and forth. Now lie down.” This one is definitely my faves and of course, super fun!
*To make this easier omit the extension and just return to table top position and place and remove the “gift box” as you crunch.
- Lie on your back with your legs in a tabletop position (knees stacked over your hips, heels in line with your knees and parallel to the ground).
- Start by holding the “gift box” on top of your chest/core.
- Then crunch up and place your “gift box” on top of your shins (don’t let the heels drop).
- Return your upper body to the floor while simultaneously extending your arms and “gift box” overhead, and your legs away from your body.
- Continue passing the “gift box” for one minute.
More Ways To Survive The Holidays:
Listen To This Playlist While Working Out With Your Gift Box: