Updated: Wednesday, 14 Oct 2009, 7:44 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Oct 2009, 7:44 PM EDT
DETROIT (myFOXDetroit.com) – A 23-year-old Detroit woman is behind bars and accused of killing her own grandmother.
Asia Johnson, 23, is charged with second-degree murder and was arraigned Wednesday for the death of 77-year-old Hazel Vary. She is being held without bond.
Johnson allegedly had an argument with her grandmother on Friday. Prosecutors say she severely beat Vary about the head and left her for dead.
Police found Vary’s lifeless body in her apartment on Greenfield Road on Sunday.
We’re told the two have always had a rocky relationship.
We’re also told Johnson has mental health issues and lived off and on with her grandmother for years.
“Very nice lady, very nice. So, it’s absolutely heartbreaking, and I hope that justice is done,” said neighbor Kyca Cooper.
- Mekhi Phifer stops by the Mason in the Morning show! [Video]
- #MistysMess: Oprah interviews Lindsey Lohan
- Before She Was Famous: Lupita Nyong’o Starred In Super-Sexy Kenyan Soap Opera
- R. Kelly Announces ‘White Panties’ Album, Hints at Project with Mary J. Blige
- iCarly’s Jennette McCurdy Admits She Played Andre Drummond for IG LIkes