Updated: Wednesday, 14 Oct 2009, 7:44 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Oct 2009, 7:44 PM EDT
DETROIT (myFOXDetroit.com) – A 23-year-old Detroit woman is behind bars and accused of killing her own grandmother.
Asia Johnson, 23, is charged with second-degree murder and was arraigned Wednesday for the death of 77-year-old Hazel Vary. She is being held without bond.
Johnson allegedly had an argument with her grandmother on Friday. Prosecutors say she severely beat Vary about the head and left her for dead.
Police found Vary’s lifeless body in her apartment on Greenfield Road on Sunday.
We’re told the two have always had a rocky relationship.
We’re also told Johnson has mental health issues and lived off and on with her grandmother for years.
“Very nice lady, very nice. So, it’s absolutely heartbreaking, and I hope that justice is done,” said neighbor Kyca Cooper.
- How A Real Housewife And Super Model Keeps It Fresh
- Wedding Guests Required to Sign Silence Clause at MJ Wedding MORNING MINUTE
- Dionne Warwick Files For Bankruptcy, Plus 8 Other Celebs Who Did The Same
- Hosea Chanchez On ‘The Game’, Life Without Melanie & Derwin, And Thoughts On Marriage
- Tiny Spills the Beans, Kim K. Defends Her Weight with Kevin Frazier