|By JASON CARR – myfoxdetroit.com
PONTIAC, Mich. (myFOXDetroit.com) – HBO is in town shooting the movie “You Don’t Know Jack”. In the film, Al Pacino portrays Dr. Jack Kevorkian. Thursday, he was in character in the blustery cold outside the Oakland County Courthouse.
“He looks just like Jack Kevorkian,” said FOX 2′s Kam Carman. “He’s a little guy, but he’s incredible.”
After a dozen takes, we observed Pacino walk back to his chair with that oh so familiar swagger. It’s Scarface’s Dr. Death. Michael Corleone turned assisted suicide advocate.
In the film, Kam plays a reporter, hair and fashion courtesy of the 1990s. She’s star struck meeting her director. “I’m shocked because, first of all, Barry Levinson is directing. I had no idea. So then, I fell apart,” said Carman.
Levinson has directed movies such as “Rain Man,” “Good Morning Vietnam,” “The Natural” and “Diner”.
Jessica Cooper, who told Kevorkian no one is above the law, says the movie guarantees Dr. Jack’s infamy.
“He brought these issues to light, and, to that, he deserves a tremendous amount of credit. They were things that people were never able to talk about publicly and they did, but he stepped over the line,” Cooper said.
After two hours, Pacino’s takes were over and, still in Dr. Jack makeup, he made a beeline for his waiting car.
- Mekhi Phifer stops by the Mason in the Morning show! [Video]
- #MistysMess: Oprah interviews Lindsey Lohan
- Before She Was Famous: Lupita Nyong’o Starred In Super-Sexy Kenyan Soap Opera
- R. Kelly Announces ‘White Panties’ Album, Hints at Project with Mary J. Blige
- iCarly’s Jennette McCurdy Admits She Played Andre Drummond for IG LIkes