When Soul Train launched in 1970 here in Chicago, voiceover work was by Joe Cobb (another WVON radio personality), who continued to be “the voice of Soul Train” for many years along with another Chicago radio legend: Sid McCoy. Cobb was the voice that called out “Sooooooooul Train” on each episode. One more Chicago connection: the first Soul Train theme song was a funky instrumental called “Soultrain” that was by a local outfit called the Ramrods; and the song that took viewers to commercial breaks was “Familiar Footsteps”, a deep, doo-wop drenched slow jam by Chicago’s Gene Chandler.
- How A Real Housewife And Super Model Keeps It Fresh
- Wedding Guests Required to Sign Silence Clause at MJ Wedding MORNING MINUTE
- Dionne Warwick Files For Bankruptcy, Plus 8 Other Celebs Who Did The Same
- Hosea Chanchez On ‘The Game’, Life Without Melanie & Derwin, And Thoughts On Marriage
- Tiny Spills the Beans, Kim K. Defends Her Weight with Kevin Frazier