NEW YORK-Choy “CC” Barrington, a 21-year-old nurse and cosmetology student, who was three months pregnant, was burned to death in her own room after falling asleep while smoking a cigarette. The New York Daily News reports:
Her roommates tried in vain to save the cosmetology student and geriatric nurse, who was three months pregnant, after waking in the middle of the night to find their home engulfed in smoke.
“Two weeks ago she fell asleep with a cigarette in her mouth,” said Prince, who explained he had to pull the lit butt from Barrington’s mouth as she slept. “But I was there to save her and put it out. … I wasn’t there to save her this time.