The Detroit Police Department’s Eastern District building was briefly evacuated Thursday morning after officers said a woman dropped off a bag that contained grenades in at the front desk.Detroit Police Commander Steven Dolant said the woman found the devices in the back yard of her family home, and that they might have belonged to her military veteran father. He said the evacuation was a precaution while a bomb squad removed the devices. Inmates were moved to another precinct.A few businesses nearby the police building were also evacuated.”I have to stress that if you find a hand grenade, leave it there. Any explosive device, leave it where it’s at, step away and call the police,” Dolant said. “You shouldn’t transport it at all. IMAGES: Detroit Bomb Squad Removes Devices From Police Building The Eastern District is at 11187 Gratiot Avenue.
- Mekhi Phifer stops by the Mason in the Morning show! [Video]
- #MistysMess: Oprah interviews Lindsey Lohan
- Before She Was Famous: Lupita Nyong’o Starred In Super-Sexy Kenyan Soap Opera
- R. Kelly Announces ‘White Panties’ Album, Hints at Project with Mary J. Blige
- iCarly’s Jennette McCurdy Admits She Played Andre Drummond for IG LIkes