Women naturally have more fat cells than men. Consequently, women obsess over more problem areas than men. From abs to thighs to that area where your bra pinches your back, these workouts will have your problem areas solved. For a complete body workout do all these exercises and add a one-minute burst of cardio such as jogging in between sets to burn major calories. Perform this workout twice a week with at least one day in between workouts to give your muscles time to rest.
What you’ll need for this workout: A set of 3- to 8-pound dumbbells, a resistance band, and a straight-backed chair
Contour Your Cleavage
Bra Strap Lift
Targets: Shoulders and chest
1. Holding one end of a resistance band in each hand, palms facing in, stand tall with feet shoulder-width apart so that both feet are placed securely on middle of band.
2. With palms facing each other, raise extended arms (keep elbows slightly bent) forward until they are parallel to ground and thumbs point upward.
3. Slowly lower arms to start position.
Do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps.
Cross Chest Press
1. Holding one end of a resistance band in left hand, stand with right hand on hip and feet wide apart, left foot placed firmly on other end of band.
2. Bring left hand by upper left side of chest, palm facing chest, elbow tucked close to ribs. (Band should be taut; if it’s slack, feed more length under left foot.)
3. Keeping left hand close to body, press band across chest aiming just beyond and slightly above right shoulder. (Your torso will rotate slightly as you continue to press and extend left arm out fully across chest.)
4. Slowly return to elbow-tuck position.
Do 10 reps. Switch sides; repeat. Do 3 sets per side.