Free meals and deals for Veterans Day
• Get a deal on auto insurance
Military members and veterans can also get these meal deals Nov. 11:
• Participating T.G.I. Friday’s restaurants are offering a free entrée Thursday, Nov. 11, to Sunday, Nov. 14, with the purchase of an entrée by a guest with an old or current military ID.
• Chili’s is offering veterans and active military a free meal, from a choice of six.
• Hooter’s is offering a free meal to active military and veterans from its new specialty items menu with the purchase of a drink.
• Uno’s will give military and veterans a free entrée or individual pizza with the purchase of an entrée or pizza.
• BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse will serve a free lunch entree or free one topping mini-pizza for dinner to active-duty military and veterans.
• Hy-Vee Supermarkets with in-store dining will serve a free breakfast buffet to veterans from 7 to 11 a.m. Some stores plan special activities.
Remember that franchise restaurants are locally owned, and some restaurants may not participate in national promotions, so it’s smart to call ahead. Keep an eye on local newspapers and blogs for deals offered by local restaurants and franchises.
• Video: Stretch produce life and save money
Here are some Veterans Day deals you can’t eat:
• Dollar General stores are offering members of the military, veterans, National Guard members and families a 10% discount Nov. 11.
• Grace for Vets is providing free car washes for veterans and military personnel Nov. 11 at more than 1,200 locations in all 50 states.
• The Hugo company will distribute 36,000 free folding canes to veterans at Sam’s Clubs. Nov 10-12.
• Sears is offering veterans an extra 10% off Nov. 11-12. The deal is also good for police, firefighters, teachers and hospital staff.
Ryan Guina at The Military Wallet has information on more Veterans Day discount deals. You can find more information about Veterans Day deals at and about discounts for the military the rest of the year at Military.com.